This Pretty Life began as a creative outlet for me to share my love of home design & decor, specifically our new build home I had designed and decorated myself. It is also a place I share my love for baking, cooking, hosting & entertaining, and party design & decor. Fast forward just over two years and This Pretty Life has become a growing inspiration in the social world! Creating this blog is a wonderful way to bridge the brand that This Pretty Life has become with my new interior design business, Jacqueline Chiarot Design, both created by yours truly! I hope to combine the best aspects of both for this blog to give you inspiration and useful tips!
Here you will find content on just about everything with a little more of a focus on design and decor tips! You will find things like project details and reveals, how to style your coffee table with links to my favourite items, how to make your own inexpensive gallery wall, my top DIY drapery options along with holiday decorations, DIY party decor, and lots of hosting inspiration. Also, any LIKEtoKNOW.it items I link can be found on my website home page and throughout my blog as well!
So, if you have any questions or post ideas please submit them to me on my contact page or comment in the section below! I'd love to hear from you!
Here are a few facts about me you may not know:
• I danced over half my life and was a dance teacher for 11 years until I got pregnant with Emmerson (I’ve always had a creative/artistic side!)
• My Grandpa and Dad are builders - I like to think part of my design instinct comes naturally from them. I grew up working for my dad for a few years until I moved away with my boyfriend (now hubby)
• I met my husband when I was 17. We got married at 26
• My hubby plays for the Montreal Canadiens (hence the moving around and sharing our two different homes)
• We have a beautiful 1.5-year-old girl and a 5-year-old golden retriever
• I’ve lived in 6 different cities and 4 difference provinces in Canada
• I LOVE wine, specifically a Cab Sav from Napa enjoyed with my girlfriends
• I have an Honours degree in Kinesiology from Western University. I was approved to do my Master’s Degree but chose to move to Newfoundland with Ben after doing 4 years of long-distance (what can I say, I’m a romantic sometimes)
• My favourite shows are Gilmore Girls & Grey’s Anatomy
• I take all my own photos and do my own editing!
Thanks for stopping by, I can’t wait to keep creating for you!